The Comprehensive Guide To Marketing — What You Should Know About Digital Marketing
This article is all about the basics of marketing what I have learned so far. This article is for students, professionals, and entrepreneurs who have started to learn digital marketing or want to change careers into the marketing domain, or think to bring their business on a digital platform.
The word digital marketing comes to mind and we start to picture the digital platform like google, facebook, youtube, Instagram. If someone knows deeper than this, they know about quora and LinkedIn is also part of this. So Novice digital marketer starts learning all the fancy parts of digital marketing like Facebook advertising, blog writing, setup website, and many more things and confused about what to do next for getting success.
The newbie digital marketer do lots of mistakes. I have also done but I learned through Digitaldeepak and want to share with you so you guys don’t do mistakes and move fast.
I am going to share some points that you should know before you enter the world of digital marketing.
- Set up a financial goal- A good goal can keep us motivated, but one that’s too hard, unclear, or impractical usually gets forgotten. When it comes to money, goal-setting navigate us in the right direction, but we need to start right by choosing goals that work for us. Everyone wants to be financially free, and we r not different than them. So we have to work for that in the right direction.
“Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.” — Warren Buffett
So I believe to set up a financial goal is the first thing we should do, when we want to dream come to success. So if we set up a financial goal so we can move fast and we will do hard work to reach that destination.
“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” -Tony Robbins
Annual financial planning gives us an opportunity to formally review your goals, update them, and review our progress since last year. If you’ve never set goals before, this planning period gives you the opportunity to formulate them for the first time so you can get or stay on firm financial footing.
For example — my financial goal is to earn 1 crore money by selling my eBooks and courses. This is my blueprint, you can also make your blueprint for your financial goal and achieve that.
2. The fundamentals of marketing- layman like me whose background is not marketing think marketing is just about selling but it’s not. Even marketing starts before creating the product. It starts with understanding the customers and their needs that lead the product. If you don’t understand what customers want, how you sell your product even you made it, to whom you will be going to sell it. This is a complete disaster.
“Marketing is a battle of perceptions, not products.”― Al Ries
Some people understand customer needs even sell their product with good effort but after selling they forget their customer. After some time their customer goes away because of lots of options they have in the market. So marketing is not just about selling. It is also to keep them happy so they remain your customer lifetime.
We have to maintain the quality of the product so we don’t have to make effort to sell it because a great product sells itself.
3. Digital marketing vs. Traditional marketing- let’s understand the difference between Digital marketing vs traditional marketing and which one should you use?
The main difference between digital and traditional marketing is the medium through which you communicate your marketing message. Traditional marketing uses traditional media like magazines and newspapers while digital marketing uses digital media, such as social media or websites.
1st you have to understand your product is generic or specific so you can target your audience. If your product is generic with a very wide targeting, TV Ads is the best solution. You can reach millions of audiences at a low cost.
Radio has a reach of 65% of the Indian population so the radio is one of the options to spread your marketing msg.
But it has also some disadvantages like we can’t do deep marketing and personal communication. But that doesn’t mean it’s old fashioned. Traditional marketing still plays an important role in people’s lives with the ever-growing need to step out of the digital world.
“New marketing is about the relationships, not the medium.” — Ben Grossman
Similarly, Digital marketing also has almost 100 million reaches in India. If your targeted customers are from the affluent English speaking population of India then Digital marketing is the best option for you.
4. CATT Marketing Funnel — This is the most used funnel method in online marketing to drive sales.
There is a formula that works in this funnel. I.e. Wealth = n^CATT
N stands for Niche, so as stronger your niche, it will multiply your wealth.
Let me tell you what CATT basically stands for,
C for Content.
A for Attention.
T for Trust, and
T for Transaction.
So 1st step is the selection of niche, which includes your Passion, Talent, and Market need. If you select your niche you are halfway only you have to use CATT and you are done.
“Find what you love to do and you’ll never work a day in your life, that’s true. But also always try to fill a niche. What can you try to do that is different?” — Lisa Vanderpump
Content — After selecting the niche, you need to make quality content that is value-driven. Content is king so make sure you provide value to people so that they convert into customers.
“Content builds relationships. Relationships are built on trust. Trust drives revenue.”– Andrew Davis
Attention — When people like your content they will share it with their friends and family. They will often come to your website or page and read your content started to follow you, it means you grab their attention.
Trust — After you grabbed the user’s attention, you need to build good relationships with your readers. You should re-target them once in a while to hold their attention and give them value-driven emails.
Transaction- If they started to trust you, you can sell your product to them.
If you follow the all steps carefully, your sale will happen naturally.
5. Integrated Digital Marketing — Nowadays if you look around, every brand and business is constantly fighting for customer’s attention. We face a dozen ads and pieces of content in a single day, so grabbing the customer’s attention is too tough.
If you want to drive better results and running quickly, to generate leads and sales, you need to cut through the noise of marketing in this age of competition.
The question is how we will do it? The answer is, Through Integrated digital marketing.
Let’s understand what is integrated digital marketing?
In a simple way, we can say that using all the mediums for communicating marketing messages and drive traffics that leads to sales. Integrated digital marketing encompasses all the mediums like paid advertising, (FB Ads, Instagram Ads youtube Ads, and many more) natural traffics (SEO), email marketing, and social media.
So, by using integrated digital marketing you can increase your brand awareness, ROI will more and it also increases your conversion rates. The chances are more to convert your investment and effort to convert into rewards.
6. Personal Branding: Mass Trust Blueprint — Personal brand plays important role in marketing because people want to hear from people not from the brand. How someone can talk to a logo, right it’s unusual. Personal branding builds trust between peoples.
For example- Elon musk has a bigger follower than SpaceX and Tesla.
So, the question is how to evolve as a personal brand?
One of the great methods is Mass Trust Blueprint. Let’s understand what is mass trust blueprint?
It is a circle of building mass trust. The circle starts with learning and end up with a startup. So with mentoring you can build up mass trust and get clients for your startup.
1. Start learning a new skillset.
2. Put it to practice by working in the real world, as an employee or freelancer or own projects.
3. Write about what you have learned. Writing solidifies your learning and will help you to build your personal brand.
4. Now you gain a personal brand through your blog, so based on your experiences and knowledge, provide consultation in your field and be paid to advise.
5. Mentor others who are on a similar path as you. Mentoring will help you scale up your understanding to a new level.
6. Now you are ready to start your own product and services.
This cycle never ends. You can learn new thing and apply to the startup through this cycle. It will lead to evolving you a better to better personal brand day by day.
Here to summarize, digital marketing not only to learn all the tools and processes of digital marketing. It is also about how to set up goals and build your personal brand that helps you build up mass trust and leads to sales naturally.
I believe this article helps you to understand the basics of digital marketing. If you enjoyed the post let me know through comments. Your comments help me to improve and stay motivated.
If you enjoy this post, read My blogs.